Last week, to the day, I was off to Las Vegas with some really awesome girlfriends from college. Yes, we whooped it up…BIG TIME. Those times will be stored in my “Absolutely Fun Time” section of my brain. Everything worked out perfectly! We had the ultimate Vegas experience, including a show, great dinners, great drinks, great clubs, and a fabulous spa! We visited old, historic Vegas and the bright, glitzy new Vegas. We saw the chapels and even a commitment ceremony! Yes, there were crazies and people soliciting naughty things, but that’s all part of the experience.
We laughed so hard…some of us peed. We danced so hard…many of us got blisters. We drank so much…some of us spilled drinks on each other. We talked so much…some of us had “smoker’s voice”. We embarrassed ourselves….one of us had toilet paper hanging from their bathing suit on the way to the hot tub! We gambled so much…one of us bought a Gucci bag! It was a perfect 3 day vacation.
The highlight was our 6 hour Spa Event. (Yes 6 HOURS, and you’ll realize why in just a moment)! After two nights of dancing, we were all looking forward to our day at Canyon Ranch which is shared with The Venetian and The Palazzo. Our massages were scheduled for 1 so we made sure to get there 30 min early to get settled in. Upon arrival, we knew we were in for a treat! The colors leading to the check in desk were amazing. Hughes of the rainbow drenched each wall. It was wickedly cool.
I can’t go into every detail of this Breathtaking Spa because I would be writing a post with no end. It was just freakin’ amazing. Here’s a tidbit of what’s offered!
• one fabulous hot tub with a volcano floor, yes a volcano floor
• six heated loungers by the hot tub, unbelievable
• an Herbal Lanconium, basically it’s a really warm room with 4 heated chambers pumping Eucalyptus! Incredible
• an Igloo room, yes an igloo room! Amazingly chilly showers pumped with 4 different aromas
• a sauna, eh really not into that
• a steam room, even the tile was HOT!
• a Salt Grotto, a relaxing room with tiles benches and salty air
• a Wave Room, a quiet room with water being reflected on the ceiling, while you are in awesome recliners…we didn’t last too long in there cause you had to be silent.
• 2 experiential showers, totally over they top! I was whisked away to the Caribbean and then to a tropical rainforest!
So yes, this Spa is excessive in every single way possible, but they are working on many ways to reduce their carbon footprint while keeping up with the Vegas experience. Here are the ways. This is taken directly from Canyon Ranch Connection Winter 2011 Edition.
“At Canyon Ranch SpaClub day spa in Las Vegas, recycling is the norm, while larger sustainability efforts are driven by The Venetian and the Palazzo (the hotels that house SpaClub). The company that own the hotels is considering installing solar panels to offset energy demands.”
The Canyon Ranch in Tucson, Arizona has the largest solar installation and sits on top of the Spa. They have reduced the resort’s carbon footprint over 9,000 pounds of carbon dioxide a month.
After seeing the savings in Tucson, I do hope they follow suit in Vegas….Yes Pun intended!